Stage A is the first level of the piano TRACKS curriculum. To complete Stage A students should be comfortable with:
- the musical alphabet
- finger numbers
- what a stave, treble clef, and bass clef is
- the notes C-G in the treble clef, the notes F-C in the bass clef
- crotchets, minims, dotted minims, semibreves, crotchet rests
- playing fast and slow
- 2, 3, and 4 beat pulses, and playing in 4 crotchets a bar
- forte and piano
- staccato and legato
- playing using both hands separately
- skips, steps, and unison
- major and minor sounds
Click the buttons below to explore resources, repertoire, and teaching ideas for each unit.
piano TRACKS Unit A1 – Notes and the Stave: For beginners
piano TRACKS Unit A2 – Rhythm: Crotchets, minims, dotted minims, semibreves, and crotchet rests.
piano TRACKS unit A3 – Tempo: Fast and slow.
piano TRACKS Unit A4 – Pulse and Metre: For beginners
piano TRACKS Unit A5 – Dynamics: Piano and forte.
piano TRACKS Unit A6 – Articulation: Staccato and legato
piano TRACKS Unit A7 – Hand Positions and Coordination: Middle C position.
piano TRACKS Unit A8 – Intervals: Steps and skips.
piano TRACKS Unit A10 – Tonality: Major and minor sounds.