Stage B is the second level of the piano TRACKS curriculum. To complete Stage B students should be comfortable with:
- all the notes that lie within the treble and bass clef stage plus middle C (i.e. no other ledger line notes).
- groups of quavers, minim & semibreve rests, and ties
- 3 crotchet beats in a bar
- mezzo forte, mezzo piano, crescendo and diminuendo
- starting to play basic hands together pieces and moving position on the piano
- 2nds, 3rd, 4ths and 5ths
- accidentals (sharps, flats, and naturals)
- 2 note chords
- what the sustain pedal does and where it is
- simple repeat marks
Click the buttons below to explore resources, repertoire, and teaching ideas for each unit.
piano TRACKS Unit B1 – Notes and The Stave: Treble and bass clef notes in the stave.
piano TRACKS Unit B2 – Rhythm: Quaver groups, ties, and minim and semibreve rests.
piano TRACKS Unit B4 – Pulse and Metre: 3 crotchets per bar.
piano TRACKS Unit B5 – Dynamics: mezzo piano, mezzo forte, crescendo, and diminuendo.
piano TRACKS Unit B6 – Articulation: Accents.
piano TRACKS Unit B7 – Hand Position and Coordination: Five finger positions around the piano.
piano TRACKS Unit B8 – Intervals: Basic 2nds – 5ths.
piano TRACKS Unit B9 – Accidentals: Sharps, flats, and naturals.
piano TRACKS Unit B11 – Technical Exercises (Scales, Arpeggios etc): C major one octave scales.
piano TRACKS Unit B12 – Chords and Harmony: Two note chords.
piano TRACKS Unit B14 – Pedalling:
Pedalling for beginners.
piano TRACKS Unit B15 – Forms and Structure: Repeat marks and marches