To successfully complete unit B5 students should become confident in:
- knowing the terms mezzo piano, mezzo forte, crescendo and diminuendo.
- knowing and spotting the different signs for crescendo and diminuendo
- playing basic crescendos and diminuendos in their pieces.
- Experiment with making different sounds at the piano. Discuss how it physically feels to make loud and soft sounds. Can your students explain what they had to do differently to change the dynamic?
- Explore the inner workings of the piano by lifting the lid and seeing what happens inside.
- Discuss the dynamics of the piece and how they contribute to the character.
- Add more sophisticated to dynamics to your student’s favourite pieces. Encourage your students to think about the mood or story of the piece.
- Use 5 finger scales or other simple technical exercises that your students know well to help them develop greater control over dynamic techniques.
- Fruit Faces in the Free Music Pack (Beginner Theory) is an entertaining game that will help students remember the terms piano, mezzo piano, mezzo forte, and forte.
We sell our worksheets in via Payhip. Visit our Shop to find out more and download some samples. The links below take you directly to the relevant product pages on Payhip.