In Unit 15 students learn about different forms and structures in music. To complete Stage B, students should:
- be able to identify simple repeat bar lines and play pieces with repeats in them.
- have experience of playing a simple march and understand the basic musical features of a march.
- Repeat marks
- Play a piece that uses repeat marks and see if students can spot what happened
- Ask students to highlight or circle the repeat marks in pieces they play.
- When a student comes across a march start by marching out a pulse (you may need to discuss what a march is if a child doesn’t know).
- Talk about what the characteristics of a march are, and how what features of the music help it sound like a march (rather than a waltz for example).
We sell our worksheets in via Payhip. Visit our Shop to find out more and download some samples. The links below take you directly to the relevant product pages on Payhip.
Stage B Signs and Symbols
One worksheet on the signs and symbols covered in Stage B.