To complete Unit C15 students should:
- learn about and play waltzes
- learn about and play minuets
- be able to follow 1st and 2nd time bar markings.
- Explain what waltzes and minuets are. Students may already know what a waltz is if they watch Strictly Come Dancing, or similar. They are less likely to know what a minuet is (especially young students).
- Encourage students to check the time signature to see if a piece might be a waltz or minuet style.
- When a student encounters 1st and 2nd time bar markings, have a thorough discussion about how the work. Get them to explain it to you.
- Encourage students to check the layout of a new piece before they start to play, and identify and explain any repeat marks.