In Stage D, students learn the names and positions of note:
- up to two ledger lines above or below the treble clef stave
- up to two ledger lines above or below the bass clef stave
Students should become confident and identifying and playing these notes in their pieces.
Jump To: Flash Cards, Activities, Worksheets,
Visit: Unit D1, Unit D2, Unit D3, Unit D4, Unit D5, Unit D6, Unit D7, Unit D8, Unit D10, Unit D11, Unit D12, Unit D13, Unit D15
Go To: Stage A, Stage B, Stage C, Stage D, Stage E, Stage F, Stage G, Stage H
These flash cards are available to purchase for download from our Payhip store.
Note flash cards including:
- All notes within the treble and bass clef staves
- Notes up to and including two ledger lines above and below the treble and bass clef staves.
Use which ever notes you need for the individual pupil. You may find it helpful to colour code them by using different coloured card for the notes that belong to different levels.
- Flashnote Derby or Note Rush are two iPad note reading games (both paid apps). You can select ledger line notes for students to focus on.
- Use our flash cards above to reinforce new note names as students come across them in their pieces, so that students are comfortable naming them in context.
- Get students to compose their own pieces using new notes. If they need help with this you can use a composition worksheet, like this one from Roo Records. Use these in conjunction with our note flash cards (above), or Stage D rhythm flash cards to secure particular rhythms or notes.
We sell our resources through Payhip. Visit our online store to browse our materials. The links below will take you directly to the specified product.