In Unit E2 students learn about semiquaver rests. They should be able to play pieces that include a mixture of all the rhythmic elements they have learned so far.
- Get students to identify semiquaver rests in their pieces
- Drawing semiquaver rests and quaver rests can help students to clearly discern the difference between the two.
- Ask students to write rhythms in appropriate metres that include semiquaver rests and then clap these rhythms.
- Extension activity: Students can compose their own pieces of music using these rhythms as a starting point.
- Clap rhythms that include semiquaver rests as students encounter them in their repertoire.