Students should continue to build on their ability to aurally identify intervals, adding perfect 4ths and perfect 5ths to their repertoire.
- Listen to and discuss the different sounds of perfect 4ths and perfect 5ths.
- Play perfect 4ths and 5ths to the student and get them to aurally identify them. Talk through the answers with the student.
- Singing intervals can really help to secure the sound in the mind.
- Extend their skills when they are confident at identifying 2nds vs 3rds and 4ths vs 5ths, test the student on all of these intervals. Start with those from the major scale and then add additional ones.
- Use an iPad app like EarMaster to train students in recognising and singing 4ths and 5ths.