Stage H is the eighth and currently final level of the piano TRACKS curriculum. At the end of this stage students should find a Grade 5 level exam accessible. To complete Stage H students should be comfortable with:
- what a tenor clef is and how to work out the names of notes on the tenor clef stave
- playing pieces that include 4 different voices.
- augmented fourths and diminished fifths
- the circle of fifths
- what diatonic means
- how to work out the key signature of any diatonic key
- plagal cadences
- the una corda pedal
- what fugues, suits, minuet and trios, and rondos are
Students should also begin to seriously work towards personal interpretations of dynamics, articulation, rubato, and performance.